Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Goodbye 2016




Wow, I can not believe how fast 2016 came and went. I feel like we've come full circle way to fast and the year just slipped through my fingers. I can't say that I'll miss 2016 very much, I achieved a few things I never even considered doing and learnt a lot about myself in the process. On the health front I finally learnt that in some cases, learning to care less and not stressing out about things outside of my control isn't a bad thing and it is actually best to separate yourself from the stress. 



LIFE AND HOBBIES
I’ve now officially spent a whole year up in Scotland, I’ve travelled to a few places and experienced a bit more, but there are still things that I wanted to do up here that I haven’t gotten round to yet. There are still plenty of sights left to see and this year I really want to get out with my camera more.  I enjoy photography, in particular landscapes, and the scenery is breath-taking if you take the time to stop and look.
Whilst it quietened down on here my work life got a bit crazier. I completed two training qualifications, both which ran over 7 months and as stressful as it was at the time to do them simultaneously, now that they are over and completed I feel all the more confident for it.

In 2017 I want to press forward with work, health, photography and this blog. My health and fitness kick at the beginning of last year fell to the wayside after injuring my back, so I ‘d like to get back into it and back up to the running level I was at before.
I also lost contact with my blog mid year and I just put it down whilst work commitments got bigger, this year I plan to organise my time better, making sure I put time aside to do the things I want to do.



BLOGGING
Whilst I was keeping up with my blog last year I did write a few posts that I am still quite proud of. I even think that my photography has come on a bit in the last few years. I would like to continue blogging and its processes as well as the feeling of accomplishment when you hit ‘publish’. This year would see Lotties Thoughts fourth birthday, and I am determined to keep at it! In the past, the best way for me to be constant is to organise my time and write up posts a few weeks in advance, on days off, utilizing my time with taking photos and writing.



HEALTH AND FITNESS
At the beginning of 2016 I wanted to work on my fitness, in the hope of strengthening my back. It’s always been an area of concern for me and I have never experienced worse pain than when I’ve injured my back. Last March I spent a whole week in bed not able to move because I’d injured my back, then I spent the next few months literally being so careful in my movements so not to strain it, that all the exercise I had been committed to in the first few months of 2016 went completely out of the window because I was too scared to hurt myself like that again.


This year I am starting it back up, continuing from the end of last year, to keep a closer eye on what I eat and slowly working on some exercises to improve my fitness. I’ve had a lot of problems with my back in the last 10 years and I don’t want have the risk of injuring it as easily as I can right now.



2016 is officially over and we are starting a whole new year with all the best hopes for it! What have you reflected on and do you have any plans for this year? 

Best Wishes and lots of luck for 2017 

No comments :

Post a Comment