Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Work on Me #3




Its been a while since my last update, I've been away from my blog for far to long but unfortunately I haven't been feeling connected or motivated to focus on it, each time I've tried I've left feeling dishearten and guilty about not posting or commenting or being present on any level of social media, but that's been the same for my social life too, I just havent' been online in ages.

Over the last couple of months I found a routine to focus on my health and fitness, managing to wear my Fitbit pretty much everyday and achieving those 10,000 steps that is recommended. Finding time to fit in a session of exercise is difficult for me, as I'll get up for work at 6am, leave at 7am and get home at 7pm, by which time I'll have dinner, shower and then relax. There isn't a gym near me and there isn't a good safe place to go for a walk (the road we live on are national speed limited road (60mph) which isn't the best place to just go for a stroll).

However I've tried to exercise for an hour on saturday, sunday and if I am off on wednesday I will do another hour to make it up to three days of hour long exercise. I've tried to work out three days a week and I have to say, so far I can feel the difference. I have more energy, feel a lot better after working out and my clothes do tend to fit more comfortably!

The hardest time to achieve those 10,000 steps are on days off, at work I'm consistently on my feet and so walking around and walking from one store to the other builds up those needed steps. To build them up on those days off I will work in some cardio and 30 minutes jog on the treadmill and another session on the elliptical trainer.

I defiantly lack the motivation on most days to push myself to workout but if there is one thing I would recommend it would be to create a journal to write down what you do and how long you exercise. Writing it down and seeing all the days and exercises build up on paper helps to motivate you and inspire you to keep going. It's easy to want to give up when you are constantly seeing how far you have left to go to achieve your goal but having it all written down on paper allows you to have a visual representation of just how far you've come, so if there is anything I'd recommend it would be to make a planner and write down every bit of exercise you do, if it works for me, maybe it will work for you too!


Charlie xo

No comments :

Post a Comment