Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Bedroom Makeover

It's been almost three years since we moved into our new house, and it's been nine months since I moved back in after finishing uni. (I hadn't planned moving back home, but with how things have been with my health and family it has just been the best thing for now) Whilst I don't plan to stick around I thought I needed to make my bedroom mine before I disappear again.

My room is a lot smaller than my previous room so I've had to compromise and get rid of a few things that I was just holding onto - a complete hoarded over here!
Storage is a big issue in the new house and I've come to the conclusion that I've grown up and I now don't like little bits and bobs lying around, I don't like all the dark colours and in a room this size you need to make it feel as light and airy as possible.

I've been through a lot of different colours in my bedroom, from a light blue to sexy pink (I'm sure we've all been there with that bright pink! Ergh it looks so garish looking back on it now!) to silver and purple just to name a few. I feel as though I'm all about those white walls now, the clean light feeling and idea of space, which this room is in need off.  Below is a collage made up of pinterest pictures and my own of the mirror, I wanted to create a sort of mood board of the general idea just to get what's in my head out. I love the soft touches of colour, in this case the pink or you could add any other soft pale colour. The dressing table is from Ikea and I am actually sitting at mine whilst writing this! I love the simplicity of it - the clean lines the glass top and the fact that it doesn't take much space in the room. Grey is a colour I am absolutely in love with right now, so it will just add enough shade to not make the room feel flat but it will add a bit more dimension (depending on the shade of the grey but a light grey is what I have in mind).
GOLD!, I'm normally a silver girl but the look of those gold polka dots has won me over! I mean can you tell I'm loving them right now (the new blog header might have given it away, but I guess if not this post might!) Having gold accents around the room will add a bit of needed warmth and glam about it, which I will never be apposed too!


So this is my idea for my bedroom, I like the brightness that the pictures have and I hope that it brings a bit more brightness to my room too, It's just an idea for now but this is the direction I plan to go in. If you have any tips on how to make a small room feel and look bigger let me know! Pinterest can only get you so far! 


Hope you are having a lovely week! 
Charlie xo


2 comments :

  1. These look like some great ideas for your bedroom. Sophie x

    https://stylestarsandsparkle.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete