Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Arming myself with New Tools




All the tools in the image above are all from different brands, ones I've never tried before.


_______________________________________________________________________________
Morphe M504 Brush

I wanted a small fluffy brush to use when I applied highlighter (even thought I only apply it once in a blue moon). I wanted something bigger than a eyeshadow blending brush but not as big as a contour or blush brush. I wanted something a bit more precise so I could apply my highlighter only on the high points of my cheeks. 

The fluffiness of the brush means that the highlight isn't to harsh and I am able to blend it better on my cheeks. The Morphe M504 is exactly what I wanted and leading up to spring and summer this little one will be what I will be reaching for!

_______________________________________________________________________________
Sigma F86 Tapered Kabuki Brush

I hadn't looked into Sigma brushes up until late last year because I thought they were an American brand and unavailable in the UK. However they are available to order from Feel Unique, so I place a small order to try one of their brushes.

I'd seen this one from a youtube video by Jaclyn Hill and she used it to apply under eye concealer, which she made to look effortless! I've been using my finger tips but after seeing Jaclyn Hill using the Sigma F86 brush I though it looked super soft but dense enough that they don't soak up any product.
It might be a bit big for me but it blends product away and covers my dark circles in no time so at 6:30 in the morning I love how quickly this works, it is perfect!


_______________________________________________________________________________
BeautyBay Beauty Blender

With all the hype around the original Beauty Blender and then the Real Techniques Beauty sponge I wanted to give it ago myself, however I didn't want to spend that much on a egg shaped sponge, especially when I tried flat face sponges to apply foundation before and hated it. So I opted for BeautyBay's Beauty Blender, the price was great and I brought a few more things to get free delivery because why not? 

After using it with a few different products like my foundation and under eye concealer I have decided that it does create a smooth natural finish. I like using it under my eyes rather than using it to apply my foundation, I feel that it takes too long to apply any foundation with the sponge and at 6 o'clock in the morning I don't really have time for it. However if I have the time I do like to use it for my under eye concealer. I find it works best damp but there is a limit as to how damp it can be as I find it tends to remove more makeup than it applies if it is too wet. 

I also works dry however it feels as though it drags the skin more, not something you want for the delicate skin under your eye. 


_______________________________________________________________________________
NARS ITA Brush (Dupe)

The Nars ita brush was actually a find online, I never was one for contour before, and to be honest its still something I'm getting into, slowly but surely. This brush makes it so easy! The bristles are soft yet firm in the way that when pressed against your face, it keeps its shape. The design of the handle is unusual but beneficial, as I find it a lot easier to hold than a cyclindical shape of a brush handle for contouring, but I must admit that at first it was difficult to figure out how to hold the brush comfortably, but after one go you get the idea of how best to hold it.

Whilst I'm still learning how to apply my bronzer and contour I am enjoying playing around with brush and it couldn't be easier with the NARS Ita Brush!



3 comments :

  1. I want to try that Sigma F86, it looks really cool. Would you like to follow each other on BLOGLOVIN? if you decided to follow me, please let me know so I can follow you back as soon as possible. xoxo

    www.love-joice.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love to use it for my under eye concealer at the moment, it's great when Im in a rush!
      Absolutely :) xx

      Delete
  2. I want to try that Sigma F86, it looks really cool. Would you like to follow each other on BLOGLOVIN? if you decided to follow me, please let me know so I can follow you back as soon as possible. xoxo

    www.love-joice.com

    ReplyDelete