Wednesday, February 10, 2016

MAC lipsticks

I havent been a lipstick lover for very long, it grown a lot since being introduced to youtube to be honest, hearing other peoples opinions and reviews on formulation was the starting point. Whilst my collection has grown a lot M.A.C lipstick have been the ones to wow me the most, so heres a post of the beginning of something addictive...

_______________________________________________________________________________
#1 Patisserie - Lustre

Patisserie was the first M.A.C lipstick I tried, I've never had much luck with lipsticks and I didn't know anything about the texture and formulation of M.A.C lipsticks let alone whether I'd be able to wear them. 
I would describe Patisserie as a neutral peachy colour, almost your lips but with more definition and dimension, I know that sounds weird but because the lipstick has tiny specks of gold glitter in it, when applied to your lips the shimmer adds something to you lips which almost looks like you are wearing a lip gloss. Now don't recoil to much if you hate the thought of glittery lips, it is barely noticeable, you only really see the sparkle in the bullet.
The texture of this particular lipstick is not my favourite, I feel as though it has a grainy texture, and I don't like the feeling of applying it to my lips, however this could just be because I often struggle with cry lips. For this reason I don't reach for this lipstick too often, however the colours is lovely and I like the overall look of it on my lips, shiny but not to glossy. 


_______________________________________________________________________________
#2 Cosmo - Amplified

My second M.A.C lipstick, I wanted to try a different formulation to learn what ones I liked and disliked from M.A.C.  The Amplified formulation is creamy and smooth, easy to apply and the colour comes out bold and is a completely opaque pigment which lasts for quite a long time on my lips.
Cosmo however, although being an opaque formulation doesn't come across too bold or in your face, it is a lovely pinky brown shade which pretty much goes with anything!
It is very wearable, my lips but better and easily buildable, I don't struggle to much with the formulation, although I do tend to have a routine of applying a lip balm before any lipstick I don't feel like this one dries out my lips if I forget. This one is defiantly a staple in my slowly browning collection.


_______________________________________________________________________________
#3 Creme In Your Coffee - Creme Sheen


I wanted to try a darker colour than anything I had tried before. All previous colours I had tried were very neutral, so I wanted to try something a bit more on the brown side. I had been looking at different textures and finishes that M.A.C had to offer and I wanted to test of the Creme Sheen formulation as it is one of the most popular finishes that M.A.C does. 
Creme In your Coffee is a lot darker than the lipsticks above, I would describe is as a cool toned brown with a slight under tone of purple. Easily build-able and starts off quite sheer, but with just enough colour to give a tint to your lips if you use the lightest of hand.
Out of the five I tend to use this colour the most, especially over the last few months when we got into Autumn and winter. It has a creamy consistency, moisturises my lips enough to keep them looking healthy and the colour is one of my favourites.  I really do love the formulation, however I tend to have to reapply it a lot more often than any of the other lipsticks in this list. 


_______________________________________________________________________________
#4 Velvet Teddy - Matte

Venturing on from playing around with Creme In Your Coffee I decided that I really liked the brown shades. I wasn't holding much hope that my lips would be able to deal with a matte formulation, in fact I was ready to have to give this one away if it it dried out my lips to much. However I have been pleasantly proven wrong in my assumptions. Although matte formulations are known for drying out your lips and making it difficult to apply and wear, this is probable my second favourite lipstick out the five. So long as I prepare my lips in advance and keep them well moisturised I can happily put this on and not worry too much about how my lips are looking!
Velvet Teddy was pretty much out of stock 80% of the time last year because of Kylie Jenner and with her bringing back the 90's lip trends. With or without her influence (or even if this was the colour she used) Velvet Teddy is a beautiful colour. I would describe it as an pink based brown, highly pigmented and easy and creamy to apply, you don't even need a mirror!
I didn't have much hope for Matte formulations but since trying M.A.C Velvet Teddy I feel as though I can wear them without suffering with dried out lips at all!


_______________________________________________________________________________
#5 Dark Side - Amplified

A colour truly out of my comfort zone, but it looked so beautiful I just had to give it ago!
Perfect for autumn/ winter, Dark Side is a vampy burgundy/plumb colour which is highly pigmented. Although this colour does tend to wear off a lot quicker than any of the other colours in this post (besides Creme In Your Coffee), I like to pat the colour on to get a berry stain which is more suitable for everyday, twice the amount of use which is always good! 
The formulation is creamy, pigmented and smooth to apply. With the colour being so dark (or at least it is for me) and creamy I am surprised that it doesn't tend to bleed, however I am so new to dark colours that I do NOT have a steady enough hand for this, so a lip liner is a defiantly yes for me!


I feel pretty content with this small collection at the moment and havent really been looking for any others, however I'm sure that will change! If you have any suggestion please leave a comment below with any recommendation to look into!


Charlie xo



No comments :

Post a Comment