Wednesday, February 24, 2016

2016 Beauty Wish List





I've promised myself to have a better grip on my finances this year, it's easy to lose track of how much you've actually spend on things, especially when it comes to small beautiful things that you feel you need in your life...
There are so many lovely, beautiful and stunning things in beauty at the moment and I'm sure that there is a lot more to come during the course of the year, but there are a few items in particular that I've had my eyes on over the last couple of months.
At the beginning of the year I promised myself that I wouldn't spend as much money as I did last year on make up. Unfortunately there are a few things in my collection that I wish I never brought because they didn't live up to expectation and subsequently they now sit in my makeup draw, not used, never touched and they now serve as a remind of 'I never need to try that again'. Because of this I have come up with a deal for myself, I can have one big beauty purchase once a month. Hence the items in the picture about being a bit more on the pricy side. Working in town makes it very easy to just pop into M.A.C or Debenhams or John Lewis and just impulse buy. Limiting myself to one purchase a month means I think more carefully about what it is I want, thus not spending as much on things I don't need or really really want.

So with all that in mind, here are five things that I've got in my head...

_______________________________________________________________________________Morphe Brushes Eyeshadows




Since finding Jaclyn Hill on Youtube and seeing her create and design a Morphe Eyeshadow Palette and then demonstrate the beauty of the shadows I was hooked! I'm yet to dip my toes into the Morphe world of eyeshadows but if the quality of the brushes are anything to go by, and judging by every bodies comments about their shadows I am sure to become addicted.

The 350 palette looks quite big, not something I'd be able to keep in the same place as my other make up but the colours are just beautiful and I think this one might be one of the first things I'll purchase - that is if I can catch it before it becomes sold out again!

_______________________________________________________________________________
Makeup Geek Eyeshadows


As if I need any more eyeshadows! Makeup Geek has been a big hit with a lot of people saying that they can rival M.A.C in their texture and staying power. I've had a look at some of the colours that are available to order from the UK and they just look stunning, not to mention the price, which if the products are as good as everybody is raving about, Makeup Geek knocks M.A.C out of the water!
The one thing I am a bit conscious about with M.A.C eyeshadows it that they rather pricey, so I tend to air on the side of caution with the colours I purchase. However with Make Up Geek being so affordable I am more likely to experiment with some brighter colours (although I will still be drawn towards those neutrals too), but for the price you can be a bit more adventurous without feeling that little bit of guilt for buying that crazy colour and not using it as much as you think you should be.

_______________________________________________________________________________
Hourglass Amibent Lighting



Blushes and conturing is a slightly alien process to me, but the highlight alone court my interest immediately and the Edit palette looks simply stunning. The size of each section of product is smaller that what you would get if you brought each individually. But this looks like the perfect all in one for travel, everything you need for the face in one palette. I've never tried anything from Hourglass so I feel that although this would be a pricey purchase at £65 It could be a really good investment piece, especially as it would taken me a life time to finish it.
(I'm not sure whether this is actually a limited addition piece or whether they have it in their permeant collection.)

_______________________________________________________________________________
Jaclyn Hill's Champagne Pop



Yes, I know I had this in my last Wish List, but I'm still yet to see this in person!
Truth be told I'm not a huge highlighter fan, but that might just be how I'm feeling right now because it's winter and it's cold and I could rival Casper the friendly ghost with how pale I am right now.
I've never used any Becca products before but Champagne Pop has been a massive hit with people all over the globe that buying this as a first product from the brand can't go too wrong!

As of a few weeks ago Champagne Pop has been added to Becca's permeant collection which means no matter how many time this sells out, I know I should be able to get one at some point in time. 

_______________________________________________________________________________
Charlotte Tilbury lipstick

The colours, the names even the packaging is just wow.
The packaging alone is enough to get a lipstick from Charlotte Tilburys' collection. It looks stunning, something that can undoubtably put a smile on your face to see it in your own collection.
Again I haven't seen any of the lipsticks in person, but the website is so well done that it makes me want every single colour! I've been looking at Charlotte Tilbury's lipstick for a while now, even before I purchased any M.A.C lipsticks, but the reason I waited so long was because I have been trying to figure out what I can and can't were regarding textures and finishes as my lips are so awful as they dry out so much.
I haven't decided on a colour but they are all so beautiful that no matter which one I'm sure I will love it, now just to see them in person and figure out the colours for myself.

_______________________________________________________________________________

One other thing I am interested in investing in this year is a designer foundation, however as the prices can vary and are a lot more than anything you can find in the drug store, I will take more time deliberating over which brand to try. If I don't like it, then thats a wasted bottle and wasted money. This one will defiantly need more research into but if you have any recommendations leave a comment below!


Charlie xo


2 comments :

  1. I'm literally obsessed with Makeup Geek shadows too, they look SO NICE!!! I neeed to try them. Also dying to splurge on Becca highlight, it looks perfect to create that lit from within look!

    SinĂ©ad ♥ fabuleuse, toujours ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They look so stunning! And the colours are crazy! Splurge is the right word for the be a highlighter but I really want it!
      Xx

      Delete