Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Resolution Update | Work On Me #1

At the beginning of the year I posted my New Year goals / resolutions. One of them was to 'work on me' more, by this I meant putting myself first and really have a go at changing what it is about me that I don't like, for example my weight. January is defiantly the Monday of all months, everything calms down, things go back to normal and all the excitement about christmas is gone. Not even to mention the weather, but come on, January is not the best time of year.

To finally make a difference in myself this year I have decided to make these posts to give an update, monthly on how I am doing with this resolution, because lets be honest, I struggle to find motivation at the best of times, but if I am making a post about it I have to keep to my word. So to set a time for these posts I have chosen to do an update on the second to last wednesday of each month. I really do hope that I can stick to this, it's something that has bothered me for far too long and I feel that if I reach my goal I will be a lot happier and more confident in myself, and if that's not a good enough reason to do this what is?

So on with the update...

Lets start with the negatives - We live in the middle of no where. There isn't foot paths, the roads are national speed limit and I'm not comfortable with walking on them. We also do not live near a gym, even if I did, the cost of them is something I can't justify right now.

However to overcome these problems I've got a few plans up my sleeves - We have a treadmill in the garage, last time I tried to tone up and loose weight the tread mill actually showed me some good results so I want to start using it again! At the start of January I went into good 'ld TK Max and brought myself an exercise ball, I love the fact TK Max have exercise gear! One of my biggest problems is my back, physiotherapy helps but not as much as I would like, I think my biggest problem is that it just isn't strong enough, hence where the exercise ball comes into play. Another thing I have decided is that I need structure, guidance and I am all up for learning, so after watching Vivannadoesmakeup's video I brought one of the books she recommended The Women's Health Big Book of Exercises which you can buy from Amazon here, it arrived in great time!

After having a quick look through it, it looks pretty impressive. The amount of different workouts for different parts of the body are great for somebody like me who hasn't really got an idea of what I should be doing and what it is I'm working on when I'm trying something. The Pictures are clear, there are helpful posture tidbits and I find it a lot easier to look in a book and have it in front of me easy to see everything than having my laptop and scrolling to the next stage. I am really liking this book at the moment and I can defiantly see myself using this more often than not.


Since last summer I have been using my Fitbit on and off. It's easy enough to use and as long as you get into the habit of taking it out the door with you, you can really get some results. It calms to make you more motivated to reach the goal of 10,000 steps before the end of the day. 10,000 doesn't sound like a lot but trust me on some days it can be very difficult to reach that number. I'm trying to track my steps and write down any exercises I do to keep myself active on those days off. If you are interested in Fitbit I do recommend it, I like the Fitbit One as it is discreet and I don't have to worry about it throughout the day, unlike the wrist watch styles which I know I would be fiddling with throughout my day.

So far so good, I've had a few slip ups but I plan on really trying my best next month and be strict with myself. Hopefully I'll be this up happy in the next update!

Have you made a resolution around health and fitness? If you have how are you doing? Things like this are easier when you have somebody else to help motivate you through the times when you are unmotivated!


Charlie xo





No comments :

Post a Comment