Wednesday, January 13, 2016

My Eyeshadow Palettes




I have always loved eyeshadows, they were the first thing I played around with when makeup was first introduced to me so many years ago. Since then my love for it has grown, especially when I went into a MAC store, (thanks Daisy for that) the colours, the texture and the shimmer, what can I say, what not to love?!

_______________________________________________________________________________
 #1
URBAN DECAY NAKED ONE PALETTE

I use the Naked One palette pretty much every day. Granted I only really use one or two colours in the palette on a day to day basis, but for the more adventurous colours in the palette I am waiting for the chance to use, there are some colours which are too glittery for everyday so I'm holding off till the suitable time.

NAKED - Is for me the perfect base colour -  it is warm sandy colour and sits well on the lid - I don't suffer with any fall out and I find I can put any colour I want to with it. This is my go too colour for my most used eye look.

BUCK - works so perfectly with Naked. It is the best transition shade, I also use this shadow for the crease, just to add a bit of definition. Again this colour goes well with most colours and I love to create a warm light brown smoky eye, absolutely suitable for everyday!

_______________________________________________________________________________
#2
MAC 15 REFIL PAN EYESHADOW PALETTE

Although I've spend  a lot of time and effort in creating my MAC eyeshadow palette I tend to use this after I use my Naked One palette for a base. I love the texture of the shadows by MAC and the colours they have are just mesmerising.

QUARRY - My most used shadow from MAC, I am still loving this shadow to fill in my brows- its a cool tone colour and I can't see anything else I would love so much to fill in my brows!

WOODWINKED - One of the first shadows I had my eyes on, right at the very beginning of my MAC addiction. Probably my second most used shadow, I loved this during the summer and autumn months. The colour builds easily, I have had some fall out before with this shadow, it defiantly depends how much you try and pack on the brush in one go.

SHROOM - A new addiction to my collection - I being doing so much research into which shadow would be suit me for highlighting my brow bone and the inner corners of my eyes. After going back and forward to many times to count I finally decided on Shroom. I am glad I took the time to look into it, the glitter is just enough for me, its not too pale and I feel it gives just enough highlight for my liking. 

_______________________________________________________________________________
#3
TOO FACED CHOCOLATE PALETTE

This palette is fairly new to my slowly growing collection. It looks cute, it smells beautiful (slightly like chocolate) and the texture of the shadows are so creamy. I haven't played around with this palette as much I'd like too yet but I am happy I made the purchase. Plus there are a few colours that are right out of my comfort zone, but hey it's ok to step out of that zone every now and then - plus that's one of my New Year goals!

MARZIPAN - I hate the stuff normally, however the colour and texture in this palette well, I guess that it's not all that bad. I just won't eat it... Its a beautiful champagne colour with just the right amount of bubbles *I mean sparkle!

CRÈME BRULEE - A really warm autumn golden colour, again just the right amount of sparkle!

_______________________________________________________________________________
#4
REVOLUTION ICONIC THREE PALETTE

This is my least used palette, which to be honest with you is a shame. It is by far the cheapest of all four and is great value for money in my opinion. I decided to go for the Iconic Three palette as it is meant to be a good dupe for the Naked Three palette, which I didn't want to folk out the money for. In my opinion pink hues are a difficult colour to pull off on the eyes - it can quite easily look like you've got some kind of infection... But with a light hand and a good eye for colour a lot of people can pull this off. I'm not quite one of those talented people, yet but I do dip my toes into the pink shades every now and then. If you are braver than me and love delicate pink and gold colours on your eye I highly recommend the Revolution Iconic Three palette, it has beautiful colours, great texture and for the price, well how could you not?!



Do you have any palettes that I don't? Any to recommend? I'm all ears!
Charlie xo


2 comments :

  1. I love Make Up Revolutions palettes but I haven't tried the Iconic ones yet! You get so much product and a gigantic range of shades for such a little price. I've started trying some of Sleek's palettes because they're also pretty cheap and they are amazing! I still need to get myself the Urban Decay Naked palettes ahh x

    Mollie Victoria Beauty | Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For the price they are amazing! The pigmentation and the colours are so spot on! I haven't tried any of the other palettes so I'm thinking whether I should pick any more up. Sleek are lovely too - I love the blush palettes! xx

      Delete