Saturday, November 14, 2015

Everyday Face of October


Taking a picture of all the stuff that I actually use on my face every time I do my makeup is actually a  little overwhelming. I never realised how much I use!
Any how whilst I come to terms with how much I use on a daily bases, here is how I wore my makeup during the month of October...
_______________________________________________________________________________
THE EYES

Ever since watching a Jaclyn Hill video, where she started her makeup by doing her eyes makeup first, I've changed the way in which I do my makeup routine. I find that the end result is actually affected when I do my eyes after my foundation as I lean on my cheeks to draw on my eyeliner and sometimes mascara. Now I like to do my eyes first, I start by priming my eyelids with MAC Painterly Paint Pot. A shade that helps to even out the colours on my eyelids and creates a good base for my eyeshadows. I'm still using my Urban Decay's Naked and Buck eyeshadows (yes I'm obsessed). After covering my eyelids in the shade Naked I use Buck in the crease and outer 'V', I then go in with my L'Oreal Blackbuster Super Liner to create a classic winged liner and Max Factor False Lash Effect Mascara (my absolute favourite mascara wand ever!) I've been hooked on this look, and I'm deciding now to try and switch it up a bit. My next Everyday Face will have some different products I promise!
One this that most likely will stay the same is my brow routine, I'm still filling them in with the good ol' MAC Quarry eyeshadow but at the moment I'm waiting till they grow a bit to have the shaped by a professional, so for the mean time I'm trying real hard to stay away from the tweezers.
Brows

One last step I do for my eyes, can only be completed once my foundation and under eye concealer is done. Once everything is dry and set, I will go in with more Buck eyeshadow on a smaller brush and add it to my bottom lash liner, only on the outer corner blending it up to the black eyeliner.

_______________________________________________________________________________
THE FACE

One my eyes are complete I move onto my foundation, I start by concealing any blemishes or imperfections with MAC Studio Finish  Concealer in NW20, I love the consistency of this product and I use the Zoeva 142 / Concealer Buffer brush to blend in into the skin. For my foundation I'm still using the Maybeline Fit Me Foundation in '115', I really am enjoying this foundation and am happy with it, however it could be time for a change, if you have any recommendation please do let me know in the comments below, I'd love to hear about other products!
Under my eyes I prefer to use the Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer, the tiny specks of glitter in the product really does help to make me look more awake, I only like to use this under my eyes as I do not like the flecks of glitter over my face, I feel as though it would highlight my imperfections rather than flatten them out and hide them. To set the Rimmel concealer I use my MAC Emphasis powder, which too has tiny flecks of shimmer in it, to keep it in place. Even when I've had the worst nights sleep this method hides all the problems I don't want people to see!
Blusher is one of those things I've been getting into more and more after watching a few bloggers talk about their favourites. Never having been one for bright colours, I am working my way up slowly and I felt that this colour was the perfect place to start. MAC's Blusher in Blush All Day is a dusty rose shade, not too harsh but just the right amount of colour for me.
With the summer drifting away I find myself not reaching for the highlighter as much. Although I like to pull of the MAC Soft and Gentle I find it can be a bit much for day to day, so when I feel like I need a bit more of a glow, I like to use the Emphasis powered to give me a bit of highlight on my cheekbone area and under my eyebrow, double the usage, always a good thing!

_______________________________________________________________________________
THE LIPS

If I'm having a particularly bad day, I'll always turn to the Blistex Relief Cream to give them an intense healing treatment and just let it do it's thing. (I'll only use the cream at home, it takes ages to soak into the lips and so you'll find yourself with beautiful white lips, it's not attractive I'll tell you that for free!)
If my lips are doing ok, I will just apply Blistex Lip balm in Mango (Favourite!) and start on my makeup, letting them hydrate and soften before applying any type of lipstick or stain.  Throughout the day I will keep on topping up with the Mango lip balm making sure they don't suffer from the wind or the cold.  

At the moment I am totally obsessed with Rimmel Lipstick in 077 Asia, its creamy and has a good staying power , safe to say I've already brought another to replace the one I'm using when It inevitably finishes!

Charlie xo

No comments :

Post a Comment