Sunday, September 6, 2015

Time to Reflect 07/52




1. Two years ago, whilst I was on placement at a theatre, I had my 21st birthday. Being on placement meant I was there from 9am to 11pm due to the amount of work we had to sort before opening night. Obviously I didn't get to see any friends or family during the day, but the people at my placement were so lovely and kind that they set up a surprise for me, it involved a spot light, cake and champagne. All in all it was a fantastic surprise and I felt so honoured that these (effectively) strangers wanted to help celebrate my 21st! It is something I will NEVER forget and it will always bring a huge smile to my face! Well the reason I'm reflecting on the memory is because on tuesday night I finally popped open the bottle with family! (First attempted at opening a corked bottle too by the way!) I am so thankful that my placement thought to do something for me and I will always remember them!

2. The last few nights have cooled down a lot in comparison to a few weeks ago, it defiantly makes a nights sleep easier

3. Being trained up at work for more responsability as well as getting to spend time with one of girls at work who I haven't really had chance to speak too has been really nice, trying to get to know people is difficult when things are busy so it was nice to get to know somebody a bit more.

4. On wednesday we reached 50 followers on Bloglovin which I never expected and I am so thankful for anybody that stumbles upon my corner of the internet! Much love to you all!

5. Grabbing a Costa coffee or hot chocolate in my case with my dad on our morning commute to work! Just what you need on a windy rainy morning!

6. Changing your bedding and looking forward to getting into a clean fresh bed is so underrated!

7. The entire day on friday at work was just the best, you couldn't wipe the smile of my face no matter what!

8. We have had a lot of trouble with second hand car's in the past and with some annoying news about my car needing a new engine, dad received a well timed V.I.P invite from the dealer ship we brought the other car from for the coming week! So Saturday was spent looking around the dealership for a car that all three of us could drive.

9. To finish of saturday we went for a carvery before heading home, I do love a sunday lunch, especially when you don't have to cook, clean up or worry about anything. Easy peasy!

10. Beautiful weather on sunday meant we had bacon sandwiches for brunch and enjoyed the sunshine!

I hope you too have had a fantastic week, and may the next one be even better!
Charlie xo
Follow

4 comments :

  1. That was such a lovely thing to do for your birthday. Sometimes strangers can be very kind.

    Linda, Libra, Loca: Beauty, Baby and Backpacking

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know sometimes they can be really very kind!
      Thank you for commenting Linda :) xx

      Delete
  2. Congrats on over 50 bloglovin followers :). Sounds like you had a really lovely weekend!

    The Velvet Black | UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Alice :D It was great to wake up to that! Focusing on the positive has defiantly made reflecting on the week easier! I hope you too are having a good weekend! xx

      Delete