Sunday, September 20, 2015

100 POSTS!



I can tell you, honestly, I never thought I'd ever reach 100 posts, or at least not this quickly, there's a whole load of things people do when they reach 100, but I thought I'd tell you the whole reason I started blogging.

At the beginning of 2013 I was starting a lengthy process of finding out whether I was dyslexic. After years of struggling and getting angry with myself as to why I could work harder than anybody and still come out worse than somebody who did work the day before. I didn't understand what the difference was. It wasn't until I was in my final year at sixth form that one of my teachers pulled me aside and mentioned that she recognised mistakes I was making in my work. Nothing happened until I got to university, when I spoke to one of my tutor's about it. He offered me help and guidance as to where I should go to find out. If it hadn't of been for their help I wouldn't have tried to find out if there was something different. In the second term of first year I went everywhere, all over the campus (and to other uni's) to meetings and tests to finally find out I was dyslexic. To be perfectly honest with you, I was over the moon to find this out. There's nothing worse than remembering and holding on to all those horrible comments from other kids when your a young child and finally being able to just let it all go!

Long story short, I did a lot of research into dyslexia and found loads of people, celebrities in particular, that I've respected are also dyslexic. That summer I had found blogs of Youtube Beauty Guru's like FleurDeForce and ViviannaDoesMakeup and really loved reading them! I began playing with the idea of creating my own personal space online. It would be something, for myself, something to help me develop my writing skills.

I've always struggled with writing and making paragraphs, so the idea of committing myself to a blog seemed like a good idea. I never imagined still being here two years and 100 posts on, still full of ideas and passion for my blog! I am so happy just writing on this blog, whether anybody reads anything or just passes by, I am happy just planning and writing even if it is just for myself.

Two years on I feel more confident in my writing, and willing to keep learning. I love being here, typing away, and with my 100th post I look forward to the future to my 200th post! Imagine, and here is to the next 100!

Charlie xo
Follow


No comments :

Post a Comment