Saturday, August 1, 2015

My Current Skincare Routine

As it is the time of year where the the heat can make you hot and bothered I decided that i'd upload my current skincare routine. It has taken my years to figure out what my skin needs and should avoid and I am still finding things that I love and suit more than what I am currently using.



Cleanser
I decided to branch out from my comfort zone and try a different cleanser. When I first started using the Garnier Micella Cleansing Water I didn't like the feeling it left behind. My skin felt tighter and hand a horrible tingling feeling. However after continuous use, my skin reacted better than it did before. It no longer leaves my skin feeling tight or excessively dry but clean and fresh and helps with any blemish problems! A lot goes a long way and it really does get all the gunk off my face.

Exfoliater
Twice a week I like to use St. Ives Apricot Scrub in the shower with my 'A Brush with Greatness' from Soap and Glory (from Boots). I do this routine once on sunday night, ready for work in the morning and once on wednesday night. I find this keeps me fresh faced and generally happier in my skin for the week! I don't like to use this scrub more than twice a week as it can be quite a harsh scrub. I think twice a week is great and if you do use this one I recommend using it very gently.

Moisturiser 
Having oily skin was anything far from a nightmare when I was younger, but alas my skin seems to have sorted itself out and is much less oily. However every now and again it does get horribly shiny! When I have trouble with oil I just like to quickly cleans my skin with my Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water and then add a bit of Elizabeth Arden moisturiser just to the drier parts of my face i.e,  around my nose and the sides of my face. However after a shower my skin can get very tight, the moisturiser works wonders and the following morning my skin is perfect to apply foundation and everything applies so smoothly!

Face Mask
I don't always do a facial mask but when I do it's Sanctuary's 5 Minute Thermal Detox Mask! Through out the last few years my skin type has changed a lot, from oily (and I mean oily!) to combination. Dry throughout the day and oily in the evening. However over the last few years I have been using Sanctuary's deep cleanse facial mask every so often. I maybe use this every other month or so. My skin feels a lot cleaner and fresher after and the results in the days after

Sunscreen
We all know how important it is to look after our skin, especially during the sunnier and warmer months.  Using an SPF 30 or higher apply liberally and wait a few minutes before applying makeup, this way the SPF can absorb into the skin properly.
I am still trying to find the right kind of sun screen that isn't too oily, for my skin. If you have any recommendations let me know in the comments below!

Charlie xo

No comments :

Post a Comment