Saturday, August 22, 2015

Living in Halls | Bathroom




Bathrooms - I personally could not have shared a communal shower with strangers, that was not a thing I was willing to do! It was actually one of the things I made sure of when booking my accommodation.

If you book a room with an en-suit here is my personal list of recommend items to pack:

1. TOILET ROLLS, TOILET ROLLS, TOILET ROLLS!! I had this said to me when I told my friends I was moving into halls. They said, there isn't anything worse than getting all the way to you accommodation, moving things in and then being desperate for the bathroom and having no toilet rolls in sight... Let it be the first thing you pack and unpack.

2. Towels - I brought three beach towels from Matalan on the basis that they would dry quicker in my room. A hand towel would also be a good choice to take to have in your bathroom.

3. I had a little shelf in my shower but my flat mate's shelf was broken, you might just have to wait and see when you get there but you could also pop into a wilkinsons or poundland to buy a small basket for your shower supplies. If you are sharing a shower with other people a wash bag would come in very useful!

4. Toothbrush and toothpaste and maybe a small holder for them to stand up in your shower room on the sink or if you have a shelf.

5. Shampoo, Conditioner, Body Wash and Buff not to mention razors and everything else you might use in the shower.

6. Cleaning supplies - Toilet bleach and brush.

7. Personal hygiene - Nail clippers, razors, deodorant, cologne, hair spray and gel, comb and face wash plus a flannel. Think of anything you use and need. The likely hood is you'll forget something but remember you can also pop out before you start at uni to grabs the things your forgotten.


So I hope this series has given you a place to start thinking and getting things together. If you are off to begin your university life or perhaps changing uni's and heading back into halls to meet people, I wish you the best of luck with everything, have fun and throw yourself into the whole thing! I promise things get better once you've settled in, just give yourself time.


Charlie xo
Follow

No comments :

Post a Comment