Tuesday, April 1, 2014

M.A.C | Pro Palette | Eye Shadow No.1 Satin Taupe

Connecting to the previous update post, which you can read here, I have decided to show the development and growth of my M.A.C eye shadow pro palette (note, this will take a few months, MAC is expensive and I have decided to keep my bank account semi happy, so I will only by a MAC product once a month if that, Life of a Student.)

Anyway on with it Charlie.... 

I have been looking at the MAC eye shadow ever since my first purchase of the Mineralise Skin Finish. MAC eye shadows are talked about a lot over on Youtube and some of the shadows have amazing pay off! 

My chosen palettes for the last few years have been SLEEK, particularly Au Natural. 


I like using eye shadows, mascaras and eyeliners because my eyes are my favourite part of me appearance, or at least the thing I like most about myself. 

So after a long period of time, five months maybe, I've finally bought a MAC eye shadow. 


Now I've already said this already but I feel I should say it again. MAC products are expensive, and being a student I don't really had money to speed willy-nilly, however a girl needs to treat herself every now and again!

So the plan:


1. Only buy a MAC product a month. ( yes that means it probably will take another 14 months to complete a palette.)

&

2. Make sure I do the research into the colour, pigmentation, is it a popular choice and will I use it everyday?


The Palette (Container and Tray) : £20.50
The Shadow: £10


My first Shadow: Satin Taupe
My dad has really got 'RESEARCH' into my head, only for products though, it is much more difficult to do for my work. Always the way. 


Satin Taupe; a must have by many Youtube Makeup Guru's, 

A slight shimmer to the pigment. It's a cool shade and has a slight purple undertone to it. It is a easy colour to build up and can transform from day to night effortlessly. 

I found it went on really well and suits my skin tone really nicely,  I think this colour would actually go well with any skin tone, it's shimmer is slit yet has effect. 

1.5g but I can't see it being used up very quickly! Even if I do use it almost every day. Definitely something I will be buying again, I can tell you that now! 


Love Charlie
xx

2 comments :

  1. Have you bought any more mac products? I'm tempted to dabble but its so expensive! Ive always like pink/ red/ purple eye shadows do you have any recommendations?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I've a few posts in-the-making as it were. I haven't any pinks, reds or purples, but a few neutrals right now, you're right they are expensive, slowly does it!
    There are some lovely colours in the collections, I might have to dabble in some more interesting colours and be more daring with my choices :)
    Naked Lunch is a beautiful colour, it has shimmer in it but is gorgeous!
    Paradisco is pretty too, but is a bit more orange than pink
    I think the best thing to do would be to visit your local M.A.C and sample the colours on your wrist. You can also ask for help from the shop assistants, they can help by offering colours to suit your skin tone, your everyday favourite styles and can also show you how you can use the colours!

    ReplyDelete