Thursday, December 26, 2013

Life update | Review of my 2013

2013 IS ALMOST OVER!
WHAT?!

Where the hell have all 12 months gone????????? I mean, I remember January and then I do not remember anything of any of the other months, up until November. 

2013 doesn't really feel that there has been enough time to make up an entire year but I guess, like every other year, it's just ran past me. 

January: This was still my first year of university, and I guess I was still getting used to it. I remember the two hours it took for me and my dad to get to Nottingham and I only really remember this because I felt so nauseous about going back. I believe this just to be anxiety and nervousness but oh my gosh I hated that feeling. But of course the moment I was back in my room, and saw some friends all those feelings went away. Now I do not remember what we did at uni but I guess that goes to show how fast it went. 

The next month I remember is April: of course we all went home for Easter. I was also my mums birthday so it was nice to get to spend time with my family. Another thing that makes April stand out is that April 19th (?) I think, was the day that we moved out of our home, and my parents started their journey up to Scotland. Safe to say, the worrier that I am, was thinking about my folks travelling up the country I got a phone call around 7pm on the sunday from my dad. They managed to get up to Scotland safely and needed me to google map the location of the holiday cottage they had booked for the week. 

Now I remember a bit of the summer, but like every summer holiday away from education, it went by way to fast! So midway through June my parents (and the dog) drove down to pick me up. You know that holiday cottage I mention earlier, well they were still living in there so they picked me up, transferred pieces of furniture and items over to the new house which I would be moving into for my second year of uni. slept the night in a hotel and then all four of us, started the 8 hour journey up to Scotland and to the cottage. 
Once we had gotten up there, slept the night and sorted my stuff out to go into storage, I did what a lot of other students might have done. Without a job I found myself starting this blog (which I am still enjoying by the way) and watching a lot of Youtube videos..... Yes I got slightly addicted watching other people have amazing summer vacations and times with friends. June turned into July and as well as us finally finding a place that we can take from 'house' to 'home' in time and all I remember was finding myself pondering about Youtube, and whether I could/should start one for myself...
For the records I'm still doing this... 

Then September: heading on back down to uni, thankfully and generously, my dad drove me down. Not before having a bit of a tear feast with my mum and then our next door neighbour. Bless. 

There was obviously projects that we did from September to November but in all honesty it's turned into a bit of a blur. 

November, wow, this was the start of my placement and I am truly upset about how fast it went. TAKE ME BACK NOW! Thoroughly enjoyed it and it opened up my eyes as to what I could be doing. Even though I'm studying theatre design and do amazing projects, sometimes you forget and get a bit of a 'glaze' over your eyes as to what you are really working to. Placement was a bit of a windscreen wiper, clearing up my thoughts and making me re-realise what I am in this for. 

And now! We are almost at the end of 2013, it's December 26th as I write this and after the excitement of Christmas day, time to reflect has been what today has mostly been about. 

It's time to forget the past and look forward to the future. 2014 I hope to make you more interesting and valuable than 2013.

Hope everybody, whether you celebrate Christmas or not, I hope you all had a lovely day yesterday, a calm day today (unless you chose to go boxing day shopping, then you crazy fool) and I hope the new year has something for us all to look forward to!  



No comments :

Post a Comment