Tuesday, August 13, 2013

TipTuesday #3


#3

Hydrate, Hydrate, Hydrate!!!

Our bodies depend on water for survival, waters makes up about half of our body weight! It is so important to keep yourself hydrated through the day. 
Not only does water help your complexion but it helps keep you at your best for the day. 

Some issues that you might have if you do not drink enough water is that you can have... 


  • Headaches
  • Dry mouth
  • Fatigue or Sleepiness
  • Confussion
  • Lightheaded
  • Dizziness

I suffered a bit with dehydration when I was in school, especially during the exam time. (Two to three hours in an exam hall, not allowed to go out to use the toilet and of course the summer time heat, meant that a lot of people suffered with headaches and light-headedness during and after exams, including myself.)

Ways in which I combated my problems proved really useful to me and a few friends. 
Things like...

  • Keeping a see-through plastic bottle (see through for exams) was a really easy way to keep hydrated through the school days, I still do this now on a day to day basis. Reusing the plastic bottle means that I'm saving money instead of buying a new one everyday and it also means that creating waste is limited.
  • I saw a Youtube video a few years ago that actually inspired me to do this one: If plain water doesn't take your fancy then try adding a slice of lemon or lime. Or if you have a bit more time, get some fresh fruit, clean and blend using a blender, add some water and then place into ice trays. Make sure the ice tray create ice that can be placed into a bottle if you want to take it out the house, and ta da!, flavoured water.
  • Drink before and after doing exercise, this will help you out when finishing your work out so you don't become light headed or dizzy.


Hope it helps,
 Lottie xo


No comments :

Post a Comment