Thursday, August 22, 2013

Strictly Confidential Shhhhhhh

SC_Logo_NEW_websq




Craig Revel Horwood's Strictly Confidential gives it's audiences the chance to get up close and personal with some of the stars of the BBC1 television series Strictly Come Dancing!
So the new school year rolls around and you can damn well expect two things to be on the fore front of tv thinking in my household. Dr Who and of course Strictly Come Dancing! We have always watched these two shows come september. They are both well loved and defiantly a family sit down time slot.
When I was in school, I loved fashion and textile lessons and Strictly was an absolute inspiration. The elaborate, beautiful, colourful costumes were stunning to me and I also wanted to be behind the scenes, seeing how they were created and learn more about it. All those rhinestones and sparkles, how could you not be enticed! 

So when I got home for the summer from university, I told my parents that our tutors asked us to see as much theatre and public performances as we could! They surprised me by producing Strictly Confidential tickets that they brought earlier on in the year! Coming up to the day of the performance I was excited but a bit unsure of what to expect. 

The arena wasn't the best, the seats were not the comfiest to sit down in for 3 hours and the next day left us with pretty sore bottoms and backs. The only other thing which wasn't brilliant, which probably wouldn't bother anybody else but me, was that nobody informed us with a time limit for the interval, the first part of the performance just kind of ended and we were left guessing, which would be fine in a normal theatre because we, as an audience hear the five minute bell to inform us to plonk our bottoms into our padded seats.  But this performance was held at the AECC which is a big place. So some people had to jog back to there seats when the lights dimmed and the music played once again.  Well that's all that was not to top notch for me so I will stop with the negativity now, promise.

I didn't know anything about how this would play out, what it involved, all I knew was who to expect to see. This year involved Lisa Riley, Artem Chigvintsev, Natalie Lowe and Ian Waite as well as an amazing instrumental group and dancers. The audience connected to the stars and the atmosphere was great, loud, alert and lively! To be honest if this was to take place in a theatre I don't think the building would be able to take the noise! Ears ringing, hand sore from clapping and apples of my cheeks tingling from laughing, smiling and cheering, it was a really good matinee performance that everybody enjoyed.

It was really interesting to find out more about the stars and the program was quite informative, giving details about the stars back stories and of course a whole double page on the costumes, from fabric and thread to swirling on the dance floor.

It isn't exactly Strictly Come Dancing, but it is more of an insight into the whole story, the things behind the scenes and just the general excitement of the celebrities and dancers. I enjoyed my experience and I would love to go along to one of the live shows, even more so now I've seen into the show a bit more. An excuse to get dressed up for an evening? Well who would say no to that?


To find out more about Strictly Confidential visit http://aecc.co.uk/events/strictly-confidential/ 
Picture is not my own.


Lottie xo

No comments :

Post a Comment